Thursday, March 21, 2013

Answers...?

My six week follow-up appointment was yesterday. The doctor who delieverd Jonah was on vacation, so we saw another ob in the same office. Her guess is that it was an incompetent cervix that caused premature labor, but she's not sure. Other possibilities are an infection or something that was wrong with Jonah that we couldn't see. The appointment was shorter than we thought it would be. All we talked about was that, and she asked if we wanted to discuss birth control. We said we would wait to decide on any long term birth control. Then we left. I wasn't expecting any more answers about what happened, and I'm not really disappointed we don't know for sure. I thought I might be, but I'm finding I am trusting God a lot more with my life now. I know it will be the same way when we decide to try to have more children in the future. The next time I'm pregnant we will use an ultrasound to see if the cervix is thinning out early, which is a sign of an incompetent cervix. It gives me some comfort to know there is a plan to prevent another baby from dying, but it's not a sure thing so we will give it all to God.

Quilt of God's promises from church family and picture of geodes from the Gem and Mineral Show this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for caring.