Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Reasons

It seems like a family death is a bad reason to start a blog again, but reading what others have written about their experiences with death has helped me immensly during these past couple of weeks. By starting a blog, I hope to help others by sharing my heart through written word (and since I am not very good at sharing verbally).
I may not post very much this spring, as I am busy finishing student teaching. Maybe this summer I will spend a lot of time remembering and celebrating the life of Jonah, our son. It doesn't seem possible that just 2 weeks and 2 days ago he was alive and growing inside me, seemingly fine.
My reason for the name of this blog is not only for Jonah, but also for anyone who calls heaven home. I dread saying anything good could come out of all of this, but my eyes and heart have been opened further to the reality of heaven, and how Earth is so blatantly not our real home.
My next post will be the story of my pregnancy from beginning to end. To lessen my load of grief, it is very important to share the joy and sadness with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for caring.